Practical Information

Student ID Card

Getting your Student ID Card 
Students apply for the student card at International Dean’s Office (visit it preferably with your tutor as you will have to cope with some forms in Ukrainian). The student ID Card is free for all students.


A citizen of a another country can enter the territory of Ukraine on the basis of a valid travel passport and a visa (type D). Before the arrival and for getting visa student have to get invitation from NTU “KhPI”.
For getting invitation you need following documents:
– Copy of graduation certificate with the application or academic certificate of courses listened. These documents must be translated into English (transcript of records on passed exams for all levels of study).
– Copy of passport
The cost of Invitation is 20-25 Є

Students coming for studying in Ukraine longer than for 3 months are obliged to apply for a temporary residence permit. The cost of temporary residence permit is 10-15Є.

Getting here

Coming soon


National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute” provides the following accommodation for all incoming ERASMUS+ students who met the indicated deadlines:
Prices for the academic year 2016/2017:
University gives accommodation in double room in dormitory – 35Є per calendar month per 1 person in double room
Every incoming student gets a room in our dormitory if they indicate on our application form they want one. Information about address, room number, etc. are given to student when they arriving.


Students from non EU/EEA countries should purchase health insurance in Ukraine immediately after their arrival. The cost per 6 month – 40-45Є